my wishlistFlickrInstagramTumblrEtsyDeviantArtElfwoodTwitterLastFM

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Volunteering for the RSPB

I've just been accepted as a volunteer Education Assistant up at Leighton Moss, my local RSPB reserve! Yaaaay!! Which basically means I get to hang out in really beautiful countryside, helping to teach young children about nature, and (hopefully) get them excited about conservation. Even if one child develops an interest in wildlife, then it's worth it. Also, I've more chance of getting a job there eventually if I'm already volunteering, hehe! Though I'd honestly do it for free, is SO beautiful there. Volunteering will be fun all year round, but Summer will be amazing! My absolute favourite activity when I was little was pond dipping, and they've got a special wildlife pond just for that! I think I may have more fun than most of the kids!

I had to fill in a million forms, and planned to go back up to the reserve today, but didn't have time in the end because I got a suprise last-minute interview at a farm near Garstang, to be a sort of all-round general employee; cafe & shop work, feeding the animals, and helping with kids parties are some of the things that I'll be doing if I get the job. Anyway, I find out on Friday. The interview went pretty well, but I'm not getting my hopes up - most places are put off by me not being very flexible about work days due to dog grooming on Wednesdays and Fridays. And I've very little experience working with children. But we'll see! :)

I did go for a stroll round Williamson Park this afternoon/evening ('prevening' as Sheldon would say! :D) and took some photos, a few of which you'll see below. The last few days have been beautifully clear and crisp, and despite the freezing temperatures, it's my favourite type of weather. Perfect for photos!















6 comments:

  1. Yeah Moo yeah! So proud of you lovely <3 also those pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaaanks Lovelybum! I can't wait to start there properly - there will be MANY more phootz, too! :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! :)
    And the photos are sooo lovely... *___*

    ReplyDelete