my wishlistFlickrInstagramTumblrEtsyDeviantArtElfwoodTwitterLastFM

Saturday, 23 June 2012

3 Wishes Faery Fest 2012

So I've been dormant on here for the longest time... I find it hard to blog on a regular basis, though I am working on it. I WANT to blog regularly. I say it every time, but THIS time I'm going to start updating more often! (Ha.)

Anyhoo... many things have happened since I last updated. (In April, eek!)

I'm now the assistant manager of the Novel Cafe in Lancaster, where I've worked for just 4 months! :D Okay, so there are only like, 8 staff, but still. It looks good on my CV, so whatevs.

I have 5 dreadlocks now, and I think I'm leaving the rest of my hair loose... I couldn't make up my mind whether to be dreaded again, so this way I get the best of both worlds! ('Like half rice, half chips' as my landlady said.) No proper phoots of this yet, unless you can make out a dread or two in the 3 Wishes photos further down in this entry. Which brings me to....

3 WISHES FAERY FEST 2012!
photos by me except where credited

It was a bit of a last minute thing, but my dad bought me the ticket as a very belated birthday present (this is down to me not choosing a birthday present back in February, rather than him not getting me one!), so despite not having time to put together any costumes, I hopped on the 8 hour Megabus down to Plymouth with Monsta & Moon, and then took another 3 buses before finally arriving in Torpoint, at Mount Edgecombe House. Phew! Oh, beautiful and lovely new fae friends Chelsea and James hopped on the Megabus in Birmingham, and journeyed with us from there.

photo by Moon

Monkey being the jewel that she is had already put up the tent, so we all got changed and hit the field! There we met Bryony and Bruce and their excellent goblin child Max, and the ever beautiful and otherworldly Natalee.




Moon


Monsta

Bryony



Chelsea

Over the course of the weekend, much vegan pizza was had, many crepes were devoured, and gallons of excellent coffee from Cafe Razz was slurped. Moon was definitely the Crepe Witch, devouring more of those poor, innocent crepes than the rest of us put together.








James

We had a few adventures in the wild, and clambered up one of the follies, as is our tradition.

The Foxglove Queen

The Toad Queen 

The Foxglove Queen in her tower

Swamp times were also had.








Just another normal day in Faery...


I also got to meet two of my all-time heroes, artists Brian and Wendy Froud!! :D :D :D I still can't quite believe it... I talked toWendy about the connection between her figures and Brian's art, and I also asked Brian about his Brackenfrock! It made him chuckle!! :D :D (I may make him one for next year.)

Photo by Moon

Photo by Gordon Burns

A Froud.


On Saturday night The Dolmen played.


On the last night there was a Faery 'rave' to which Chelsea, Natalee and I did the Goth Dance :D
It went down pretty well. Natalee was quite taken with the dance, and I believe Linda has video evidence of the three of us making fools of ourselves in the rain and moonlight! (I hope it never surfaces!)


Chelsea, me, Natalee. 
Photo by Moon.

On Monday morning, after all fae frivolities were over, we took the Cremyll ferry back over to Plymouth, and sat outside at Starbucks (I know; our bags were too heavy to venture any further) and sketched and drank frappes, and flirted with the pigeons.

Photo by Chelsea 

Photo by Moon

Anyway, the next time most of us fae folk get together will be the Samhain Ball in October, for which I've already planned my outfit! I shall be.... a werehare.  Oh yes, you read it right. 


:D

1 comment: